Monday, October 18, 2010

Texas Trip - San Antonio


Jim and I recently took a trip to TX, primarily to see my stepmom (Corpus Christi) and my sister (San Antonio), but also to see the TX hill country on our own for a couple of days. We spent the first weekend of our trip in SA with Carol and her family, which is made up of my niece Erin and my nephew David. Erin lives with her boyfriend, Anthony, and they share an apartment with their friend Ryan. After dinner at La Hacienda de los Barrios on Saturday night, Erin and Ant (as they call him) invited us all over to grill and play games on Sunday. Here is the fam on the patio, graciously posing for the photographer. As you might be able to tell, Ryan and Ant have matching grill aprons. Not only are they each monogrammed, but they have a slot for your beer can, for hands-free grilling.
The game we played was Apples to Apples, which was wonderful fun. Ryan bragged that he always won, but he got off to a slow start, with yours truly taking a whopping lead. But he overtook me and ended up the winner. I always thought that bragging sort of ensured that one wouldn't win. Dang!

No comments: